On the air....

I finally put up a temporary antenna just to get on the air. 75 meters has always been one of my favorite bands, so I put up a temporary 75 meter dipole at about 35 to 40 feet off of the ground, fed with 450 window line thru a tuner. It appears to be working satisfactory and my Yaesu Quadra has no problem delivering a KW to the load. I was able to work a station on the island of Tobago on 20 meters, so it appears that the antenna can work some DX on other bands. I am still contemplating my tower purchase, I am undecided between a Heights aluminum crank up tower or a U.S. Tower steel crank up tower, and whether to get a 72 or a 89 footer. I am not ordering anything until early to late summer, so I still have time to make a final decision. The Heights tower is a massive piece of work, however, because of a few negative reports that I have read about Heights' tower, and their customer service, it makes me a little apprehensive about purchasing from them. Nevertheless, I am intrigued with the concept of a heavy duty aluminum tower, but it seems that Heights is the only one who currently manufactures an aluminum tower with these ratings.

73 AB4D