April 2008

Last month, I was able to make it into the logs of both Ducie and Clipperton Island DXpeditions. I worked Ducie on 15, and Clipperton on 15, 17, 20, and 75m phone, but I have not worked any other DX lately. I've also been busy working on my house/property so that has been taking up a good deal of my time. I was thinking of purchasing a tower this year, but when looking at my already long list of things I have to do this year, I can see that a tower is not going to get installed in 2008. I am still only working with an 75 meter dipole fed with 450 ohm ladder line, and I am pleased with its performance, as it does allow me to work some other bands with a tuner and I don't have any RFI issues. Since I decided that I can't put up a tower this year, I went ahead and purchased an Alpha 9500 Linear Amplifier, Alpha indicated that they are running about 3 months from order to delivery, therefore I hope to see delivery sometime in July, perhaps I will see some nice LED fireworks in the shack from an Alpha for the Fourth of July.


73