A new addition...

In preparation for the arrival of the Alpha 9500 amplifier, I decided to acquire a more heavy duty antenna tuner for my station than the MFJ 989C I have been using for years. Since the Alpha 9500 is an auto-tune amplifier, I also wanted an auto-tune antenna tuner. After doing considerable research, and reading the reviews on the net, I decided to obtain a Palstar AT-Auto antenna tuner which is rated for 1800 watts SSB and 1500 watts continuous tone and includes a built in 4:1 Balun. The tuner arrived today and appears to be a well crafted piece of equipment. Mating the tuner to my Yaesu FT-1000mp Mark-V/Yaesu Quadra was easily accomplished by using a DB-9 cable from the CAT port on the Transceiver to the RS-232 port on the Palstar tuner. To set up the tuner you need to go into the operation menu in the tuner and set it for whatever radio you use. Operationally, the tuner had no problems quickly finding a suitable match to my antenna system. The metering appears to be within specification showing a little less output of watts than what is indicated by the metering in the Yaesu Quadra. Overall, it appears to be a nice tuner.