A nice Christmas surprise...

I recently received several unexpected ham radio items as part of a contest I entered.  During most Wednesday evenings, I can usually be found in the shack watching one of my favorite programs over the internet. The Ham Nation program on the Twit network. The Ham Nation program is a weekly web cast hosted by Dr. Bob Heil, Gordon West, and several other notable co-hosts.  Each week, the show focuses on ham radio news and activities, such as DXing, product reviews, contests, and technical topics with George Thomas W5JDX.  It's a great show and really is a joy to watch.  As part of the show, some of the sponsors provide free items for use in contests as prizes for the audience.

One of the major sponsors of the Ham Nation program is Icom America.  Each month, Icom sponsors a contest that allows Ham Nation viewers to enter and win Icom promotional packages.  The winners of those packages are also entered to win a monthly grand prize drawing of a new Icom transceiver.  During the show on the second week of November, I entered the Icom America contest and was surprisingly selected to receive one of the promotional packages. At the end of the month, I was notified by Icom that I had also been selected as the winner of a new Icom IC-7200.  It was really great to win the prizes and thanks to Ham Nation and especially to Icom America for their sponsorship.